Friday, January 18, 2013

SUYL: Soups

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner today for Show Us Your Life: Soups!

I am not much of a soup person but I do love me a good taco soup. Its something I grew up eating and it always takes me back to my childhood.

This is my granny's recipe and I hope you will enjoy it! :)


Taco Soup
2 lbs. ground meat
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
1 can chopped green chili's
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
2 cans Ranch style beans
1 can whole kernel corn
3 cans stewed tomatoes ( I use chopped)
1 can kidney beans
1 can jalapeno pinto beans (or just the regular if you don't want it spicy)
1 1/2 cup water- if needed

Brown meat and onion together. Drain. Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer for 1 hour. Enjoy! :) Easy Peasy!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey!! I think I am going to make this tonight! Andrew and I are loading the kids up to go to the store so I am going to buy the ingredients and IF i have time I will :). It's a good excuse to have Andrew put the babes down tonight :)