Thursday, February 27, 2014

36 Weeks

Wow! I can not believe that I am almost full term! This pregnancy has FLOWN by!!




Pregnancy Highlights: 

How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: Honeydew Melon. About 6 pounds and 18 1/2 inches long. 

Total weight gain: 21 pounds 

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Sleep: Some nights are good. Some aren't. Last night was good. I only got up once. 

What I miss: Being able to move easily.

Cravings: Ice water!

Symptoms: Heartburn, nerve pain!!!, exhaustion, restless leg syndrome. 

Best moment this week: Getting (almost) everything ready for baby's arrival. 

What I am most looking forward to: Holding my baby boy!!! 


At my doctors appointment a few days ago, I found out I am dilated to 3cm and 50-60% effaced (WHOA). So, this baby could make his arrival any day now. Of course I want this baby to stay in for as long as he needs to be healthy but man, I am ready to not be pregnant again. I usually have several contractions a day but nothing consistent or anything to worry about. I go for another appointment next week and I will be getting an ultrasound to make sure the baby is still growing okay because I haven't gained any weight in the past few weeks. This baby is VERY active and I feel like he is a big baby so I am not concerned. 

Gestational Diabetes update: Since tracking my progress, my blood sugar levels keep getting lower and lower. I ate pasta, bread, and dessert the other day and my BS was 72! I am so thankful!

No comments: