Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Ava: Update!

I've been meaning to do an update on Ava for awhile now. Ava is quite the character. Because I want to look back on this one day, I have to state that Ava is the most strong willed child I have ever met!!! Honestly. I love her to death but she is giving me a run for my money lately.

Ava Drew weighs 23 pounds. Her hair has really started growing. She wears a size 5-6 shoe and wears size 18 month clothes. She loves having her nails painted and hates having her hair brushed/messed with. She isn't a fan of wearing bows now but I still force her to wear them. Ha!


You can bet 90% of the time she is running around the house with just panties on or her "frog" pajamas (as seen below).

Speaking of panties, Ava is 100% potty trained!!! Woo hoo!! She woke up one morning and decided that she wanted to pee in the potty and hasn't looked back! Somehow, she has learned to get up in the night to go to the potty instead of in her pull-up. I am so thankful!!

The only way I can get her to do something is to tell her not to do it. ;)

When we leave to go somewhere, we have to take her clothes with us and change her once we get to our destination. Like, if she is home in just a t-shirt, she will wear that t-shirt in the car until we get to where we are going. She refuses to get dressed at home.

She is VERY opinionated and doesn't like to be told what to do.

She LOVES to be outside and one of her favorite things to do is to go "Shoppin' at Target". ;)

Some of my favorite things that she says is "hella cocker" (helicopter), "jamas" (pajamas), boobies (blueberries), "smacks" (snacks), "Twankle" (twinkle). A really bad habit that she has is putting a "t" sound at the end of words like "phone t" or "moont". I have no idea where she developed that habit but we are trying to break it! Ava has really progressed in her vocabulary. She can pretty much say anything she wants to and can hold a good conversation.

Ava likes to be "rocked" (me holding her) and sang to every night before bed. We sing 4 songs, in this order... "I love you" (barney song), "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".


As difficult as she can be, I am completely in love with this little girl. She is the light of my life and brings a smile to my face everyday. She says some of the funniest things and can make a bad day turn good.


This picture describes Ava's personality perfectly! 






No comments: