Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day in the Life

I am linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life: A Day in the Life. I am really excited about this. I have been meaning to write a day in the life post but just haven't gotten around to it.

Every day is different at our house. We have MDO on Wed./Fri. and bible study on Thursdays and every other Monday is a MOPS day. I will blog about our Tuesdays since those are our non-busy days.Our afternoons are the same everyday. Its just the mornings that are different.

Ava usually gets up every morning around 8:30. Bryce doesn't go into work until 12 pm so he usually gets up with us and makes coffee and fixes us breakfast. Its usually eggs with turkey but sometimes he will do breakfast burritos. I know, he's a sweetie! ;)


We usually just hang out after breakfast. Sometimes, I will run a load of laundry and pick up a little. Around 11 am, I feed Ava lunch and help Bryce pack a lunch and dinner for work. Once he leaves at noon, I put Ava down for a nap and that's when I clean up from lunch, do another load of laundry, or catch up on some shows/internet browse.


Ava usually naps for about 2 hours. Once she wakes up, I usually find an excuse to go to Ramstein. We check the mail, go see Bryce at his post, or go to the grocery store. I hate being cooped up in the house all day. I love being a stay at home mom but I'm not so good at the staying home part! :)

We (Ava and I) are usually home in time to get dinner made and fed. We eat around 5 pm and then hang out until around 6:30(ish). That's when I give Ava her bath and ready for bed. The longest part of our day is after dinner until Ava goes to bed. She is the fussiest during this time. I put Ava to bed around 7:30/8 pm.


After I put her to bed, I pick up my house and try to clean a little bit. If I don't do it right after I put Ava to bed, it never gets done because I get distracted with t.v. shows or things on the internet.

Bryce gets home from work around 11 pm and we spend a little time together before bed. I am usually in bed by midnight. I've become an old lady... I used to stay up with Bryce until 2 am but I am just exhausted by the end of the day these days.

So that's our day in the life!

2 comments:

Cristin said...

I came across your blog at Kelly's Korner. Baumholder was our first duty station so I was excited to see you're at Ramstein! We loved Germany and hope to get back there someday!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Came here from Kelly's Korner and I'm enjoying your posts! We were stationed at Ramstein from 2007 to 2010 (and then went to Incirlik). While I don't miss the winters, I do miss Germany the rest of the year. Eat a croissant for me!