Thursday, July 29, 2010

Long days

Since Bryce started work, my days become less and less productive. I dont have a car to go anywhere so I sit at home and try to come up with things to do. Which is usually clean, get on the computer, and read recipe books. So, yesterday, I made Mexican Tator Tot Casserole and it was delicious!! Here is the recipe if you want to try it at home..

Mexican Tator Tot Casserole

1 pound bag of tator tots
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (10 oz) can of Rotel (mild)
1 (14.75 oz) can of corn ( I just used a 12 oz bag)
1 (1 oz) package of taco seasoning
2 (15 oz) cans of green chili enchilada sauce (I just used one can)
1 (2 cups) package of shredded cheddar cheese (I used the mexian blend)

Prepare tater tots as directed for oven version. While tots are cooking, brown ground beef in a frying pan. Drain fat, then add Rotel, corn and taco seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Pour meat mixture on top of tator tots, then pour green chili enchilada sauce on top of meat mixture and layer it with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

My oven stays really really hot so I only baked mine for about 35 minutes. It was super delicious though!!

After we ate dinner, Bryce and I headed to Baumholder to buy a lamp from a lady. I found the lamp on My favorite place to shop! Its kind of like a Craigs list. We got to Baumholder and followed the directions that the owner gave me. Well, we ended up at a dead end. We drove around the base twice and couldnt find this place. So after driving 30 minutes to Baumholder, we headed back. Its ok that I didnt get the lamp because I really wanted two of the same kind anyways. So it ended up being a 3 hour trip that was supposed to only be an hour.

Yesterday, Bryce found out that his squadron has to stay after work for an hour everyday to study for their upcoming test. They have to stay because some of the guys in his squadron dont know any of the material. Poor Bryce, I felt so sorry for him. So instead of him getting home at 6:30pm, it will now be 7:30pm. Which means he will be working 14 1/2 hour days. When Bryce got home last night, he did research to see if there is a maximum number of hours a military airman is allowed to work. He didnt find anything. He also researched if there is a way he can get out early. Since the Air Force is dropping people because they have too many people in, he is going to see if he can get out after two years. Lets hope and pray they let him!! He is so ready to be out of the military and so am I!!

No comments: