Monday, October 25, 2010

Its been a LONG week!

Last week, I did'nt have to work because the DoD schools were out and the MDO's schedule goes along with the DoD schools. Sooo, of course the days that I'm off, Bryce had to work. Ha!

This past weekend, there was a Fest going on in downtown Kaiserslautern so Bryce and I decided to check it out! It was actually a lot of fun! We ate some good food and then when some of Bryce's friends got there, we rode a couple of rides. It got REALLY cold, to the point where it was miserable!! It HAD to be in the 30's. During the day here, its in the low 40's so I knew it was in the 30's that night. I had on leggings, jeans, uggs with 2 pairs of socks, a t-shirt under a sweat shirt which was under a huge coat and I also wore gloves! And after all that, it was still FREEZING! HA!
I really wanted some hot chocolate but appariently, the Germans dont do much of that! But everyone did have a hot cup of wine, which is so weird! Bryce decided to get some just to see what it was like, and also because we were FREEZING and needed something warm to drink....it was GROSS!!! Ah!! Im sure it would be good to a wine drinker, but I hate wine!!
On Sunday, we attended Frontline Community again and once again, it was GREAT!! I absolutely LOVE that church!!! Next week they are having a chili cook-off thing and I really hope Bryce and I are able to go so we can meet some people from their. Last week was Baptism sunday and there were alot of people that got baptized! It was great because the paster opened it up to everyone! If there was someone in the church that became a Christian but hadnt been baptized, he told them that if they wanted to be baptized, to come on down!! And they did!
There was a man there and it was his first Sunday. He just got back from Iraq on the 19th of this month. He became a Christian in Iraq and when he got home, he led his family to Christ! Isnt that awesome?! And he had to opportunity to be Baptized in Iraq but he said that he had already done alot away from his family and being baptized was something he wanted his family to see. So needless to say, he walked down front in his dress pants and nice shirt and got baptized! No change of clothes, no towel, nothin! Praise God! Then after that, his son walked down and wanted to get baptized as well (remember his dad led him to Christ when he got home from Iraq). How cool!! It was a great Sunday!!
On a totally different note, a week from today, the love of my life will be leaving me for 2 1/2 weeks. He has to go to training for his deployment. Oh my! What in the world am I going to do!!! You may be thinking, come on liz its not a big deal, he is going to have to leave you for 6 months soon!! I know I know, but I will be back in the states when he deploys! When he leaves for 2 1/2 weeks, I will be stuck here, only working 2 days a week, not really any friends, ALONE!!! I am dreading it!! The only thing I look forward to everyday is Bryce coming home from work! And when he leaves, what will I have to look forward to?!?! NOTHING! AH!!! I want to cry just thinking about it!!! Please pray for me!!!

Bryce and I in the car before we headed out in the misserable cold weather at the fest!
This is a pretty tree right outside our window!
Here are some pictures of the trees! They are REALLY pretty! I took these pictures while driving! HA! Not smart, I know! But I had to get pics before the leaves fall!

No comments: