Monday, October 24, 2011

Postpartum

A friend of mine wanted me to write a post on my recovery and post partum after having Ava Drew. I had a really fast recovery! Please don’t hate me. I had a fairly smooth delivery! I was in labor for 10 hours and pushed for 2 hours so it wasn’t really easy but it could have been worse. After I had Ava, I was never in pain but I was sore for a couple of days. I felt totally fine the third day! Bryce and I even took Ava out! We just went to her 3-5 day well check-up and then the BX but at least we got to get out of the house!

015

Before I got pregnant, I weighed 110 pounds and gained about 25 pounds so I was up to 135! When I left the hospital, I think I was around 115-120. I could fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans right after I had her. I still have a little pudge in my stomach but hopefully I can get back to exercising here pretty soon and I can get rid of it! I was totally surprised with how well and fast I recovered! Some ladies from my church were telling me that they would stay in bed for days after delivery and not want to get out of the house or do anything. I’m not sure if I really “recovered” faster than most women or if the recovery just wasn’t as bad as I was expecting.

002

I expected to leave the hospital still looking like I was pregnant and wanting to stay in bed for a week to recover!

I worried that I would experience post partum depression or a mild form of it. Some of my friends over here in Germany experienced a small part of it so I expected the same for myself. Well, it has been totally opposite. I have never been more happy in my entire life. I absolutely LOVE every minute of being a momma! Even the 3am feedings! My whole life, I have waited to be a mom. When I was little, people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said “ A mom”. Every time. I never knew what it was like to be THIS happy! I love my husband a hundred times more than I did before Ava and we have definitely become stronger as a couple.

007

Bryce says her bow is too big…he’s probably right. I still think she looks pretty cute though.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have baby fever. I can only hope that when my husband and I do welcome a new baby that my body handles it as well as yours! It is nice to read this though as opposted to the many horror stories that many people share! Ava is SO cute!